COVID-19 Solidarity: Ways to Support
During this time of crisis, fueled by the inadequate federal response to COVID–19, and vast inequity, we must do all we can to support disproportionately impacted workers and communities on the frontlines. Now is the time for solidarity. The Climate Alliance is calling on all our supporters to work in solidarity with our labor union and community of color based partners to push for transformative policy change and hold our electeds and governments accountable to mend the crumbling systems exacerbated by this crisis.
We know that now is not the time for “business as usual”. Over the next month, the Climate Alliance will postpone our “usual work” with the goal of facilitating COVID–19 Solidarity efforts with our partners. We are calling on all our supporters to join us in supporting our labor and community of color based partner’s calls to action.
We developed a COVID–19 Solidarity Resource Toolkit and a collection of solidarity actions and policy demands with the goal of gathering all COVID–19 resources and policy demands into one place.
Urgent: Support our coalition partner calls to actions
- Na’ah Illahee Fund: Support the new Native Community Crisis Response Fund
- Community to Community: Farmworker protections calls to action
- 350 Seattle: Join Seattle Mutual Aid: Neighborhood Pods
- UFCW 21: 10 things you can do right now to support frontline workers.
- Sign the petition: Gig companies must provide essential protections for essential workers
- Sign the petition: support our nurses and healthcare workers
- Sign the petition: The federal government must release supplies from the National Strategic Stockpile of protective equipment immediately
- Sign the petition: GROCERY STORE & PHARMACY WORKERS NEED CHILDCARE SUPPORT
- Sign the petition: COVID-19 relief for Macy’s workers!
- Donate unused personal protective gear for healthcare workers.
- Sign the petition: Demand Action and protections for grocery store workers
- OneAmerica: Contact your legislators TODAY to ensure everyone is included in federal COVID-19 legislation to support our health, safety and economic
- Washington Environmental Council: Tell Congress that Big Oil companies shouldn’t receive a single cent of bailout money
- Got Green: COVID Response & Sign the Emergency Justice Petition
- Give to Front & Centered’s Frontline Response Fund – COVID–19
- Give to the Washington State Labor Council’s Foundation for Working Families, a nonprofit formed by the WSLC and its affiliated unions to assist union families in times of hardship or disaster.
We will do our best to update and monitor on-the-ground efforts to ensure we can support one another!