Clean Air, Clean Energy
Deputy Finance Director
The Clean Air Clean Energy Washington Campaign is mounting an ambitious statewide ballot initiative to take strong action on reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Washington State by levying a pollution reduction fee on large carbon emitters. When we’re successful in November, this will be an unprecedented step toward protecting our environment, reducing pollution, and mitigating its negative effects through active investment in clean energy infrastructure.
The campaign is looking for a hardworking, passionate, and experienced individual excited to implement an aggressive fundraising strategy. Ideal candidates will have experience working on a statewide or competitive electoral campaign. In addition, ideal candidates should have knowledge of environmental issues at the local and national level.
The Deputy Finance Director will report to the Finance Director and will work closely with campaign stakeholders and our coalition of partners representing working families, communities of color, environmental and clean energy advocates, health professionals, businesses, and faith organizations.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the finance plan, including potential call time with multiple surrogates, donor research, major donor asks, a robust house party schedule, major fundraising events, and corporate requests.
- Work with the Finance Director and Finance Committee to maintain and modify the finance plan as needed.
- Provide regular, comprehensive fundraising reports to the Finance Director and Finance Committee.
- Build and manage a robust and effective team of finance staff, interns, and volunteers.
- 3+ years of campaign fundraising experience; previous experience working on statewide,
federal, or competitive electoral campaigns required.
- Knowledge of NGP software.
- Attention to detail, initiative, and self-direction on assignments.
- Ability to manage multiple major projects and events.
- Ability to organize fundraising with a range of intersectional groups and coalition partners.
- Knowledge of the current state of environmental issues and climate policy.
Location: Seattle, WA
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Significant evening and weekend work time and statewide travel will be required
Forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 26, 2018.